Hi, your motivational coach Julia Rose is here. I will discuss the scientific ways to stop being lazy or lazy. Laziness is nothing more than a fear of being rejected, not being good enough. If you have that fear, you’re in excellent company. It’s the most common fear in the world.
The key to overcoming laziness and getting into action is motivation. We need to gain leverage over ourselves, and as human beings, we are either running away from something or toward something at all times.
We’re either trying to avoid pain or to gain pleasure. We are afraid of something, or we are hopeful of something. There’s a desire to understand these two forces, and how you can use them to gain leverage over yourself is critical to overcoming laziness.
Laziness is a problem for all of us because we tend now and then to become lazy. This internal lazy person rules us. We need to get rid of that, not only because of ourselves but also because of our kids, employees, and spouses. So on firstly, before we move to the solutions, we need to understand why.
I want to go through some steps that you can take to break your lazy habits to switch off your lifestyle and to start feeling like a lazy human being.
What is laziness?
Laziness is a code word, and it stands for several things. The first it can mean is general physical inactivity. Laziness is avoiding doing what’s right. It can be broadly called psychological paralysis. It is a complicated way of saying the personality, some cells that control your character are conflicted, and they’re pulling against each other.
It’s caused by low self-confidence or shame, sometimes guilt that accompanies several fears, and psychological-emotional paralysis. Laziness is not underlined, not a character flaw that can be changed by willpower. Generally, it deserves empathy and compassion, not scorn.
Forms of laziness
Laziness occurs if the motivation to protect oneself is more significant than to take action. It means that if someone wants to take action, they are afraid. They have some suffering connected with it. Some may be fear or internal sabotage. this is why they become lazy, and laziness can take four forms.
- The first one is passive, and someone doesn’t do a thing.
- Secondly, they do things very superficially. For example, they’re supposed to clean the room, but what they do. They move a few objects around, and that’s it.
- Thirdly, they were supposed to learn for examination but what they do is they read a book or something else. They might even do something useful like tidy the room, but they don’t learn. So this is a lie. They cheat on themselves.
- Fourthly, procrastination is very common to us. We want to do it later, and it makes us lazy.
So these are our fundamental forms that laziness takes.
Causes of laziness
Laziness begins with a lack of purpose. When someone doesn’t have a bigger picture that they can focus on, they become lazy because they cannot see the vision. They don’t know which action steps to take. Another reason laziness might occur is because of the opposite reason. Maybe you have a purpose.
Maybe you do have a dream. Maybe you do have your eyes set on something greater than yourself. But you’re overwhelmed, and so you become lazy. You might feel discouraged. You might feel, oh, man, and there’s so much work to do. I don’t know how I’m going to get it has done, so you become lazy. There are so many things to do you decide, but you can not do it.
There are common reasons for laziness, which are given below:
- Lack of purpose and motivation.
- Overeating fatty food.
- Excess sleep and gadgets.
- Lack of a new environment.
- Overthinking and afraid of work.
- Thinking about success too much.
- Lack of exercise and nutrition.
There are also two common reasons for being a lazy person:
- Firstly, people are afraid of success. This might surprise you, but people are terrified of success because of different reasons. Let’s imagine a situation where somebody makes a lot of money and now realize that they don’t want to work where they used to work.
- Secondly, people are afraid of the fact that something might not work out. They want to avoid the risk that it’s not going to go the way. They think paradoxically when they avoid taking action, and then obviously, they can not make mistakes. But also they can not achieve anything.
How to stop being lazy? – Be Active
As human beings, we often make laziness wrong. We make stress wrong. We do anxiety wrong, and we make all of these emotions wrong. When the reality is they’re human, it’s okay to feel lazy. It’s okay to have a lazy day. One lazy morning does not make you a lazy person.
One moment where you feel tired does not define who you are. One moment where you feel exhausted and feel like you don’t have any energy. It does not represent you. Your circumstances do not define you, and you are defined by the characteristics that you decide.
So decide on the person you are, choosing what values you have of the energy of healthy growth. Everyone has a moment of laziness, and what will keep you there is making it wrong.
- The biggest problem that most people have is they think they shouldn’t have any. They make all of these things unsuitable. We can deal with it, but the first step in dealing with it is acknowledging that it’s okay and not wrong.
1. Spend less time on tv & social media
What makes you a lazy person? Do you watch too much TV? Do you spend all of your time in bed? Is the majority of your time spent scrolling through Facebook on your phones? Write down a literal list of what you think are lazy activities.
- Write down two things that you can do to make that activity hotter for yourself to do so if you’re always watching TV, rearrange your room. It is harder to watch TV. Put your TV in the closet. So, you fool us to go to a ton of effort to turn the TV. Cancel Netflix, and the next time you feel like watching, you’d have to go through setting it up.
- It’d be freaking hard if you’re always spending time on social media. Download a crack’s book, which makes you wait for 20 seconds before the social media site loads. You’ve developed lazy habits because they’re easy patterns for you to fall in. To make it harder for your lizard brain to do the stuff you don’t want to do.
2. Have a clear purpose
The next piece of advice to stop laziness is deciding what you want to be doing. What would your life look like if you didn’t identify as a lazy person? Would you read a book a day? Would you exercise every morning work on your goals for an evening? Do more brunches?
What specifically do you think would benefit your life, and why do you want to start doing it? How is it going to impact your life? If you don’t have a clear idea of what you want to do and why you want to do it, you’re going to flounder and go back to being lazy.
- You don’t have any apparent purpose, new habits, and new ways of living. They don’t start an instant after writing down that list. You won’t be able to tackle every single one of the things on that list tomorrow, and it would be stupid to try and do so. But, if you don’t know what you’re aiming for, and you don’t know why you’re aiming for it, you’re going to revert straight back into your old habits.
3. Follow healthy habits
The next way is to make the things you want to start doing easier for you to do. We always think that we’re lazy. We’re not motivated. We’re lazy people. The reality is that motivation and willpower have very little to do with it. Environment, routine, and identity all play a bigger part in your habits.
- If you want to replace you’re watching Netflix habit with reading a book. Always have a book that you want to read it sitting on the coffee table. Always carry a book with you. Ditch the idea that you have to physically get up, get in your car, go to a library to get a book, and download a library onto your iPad to make it easier for you.
- If you want to exercise every day, figure out the most comfortable exercise routine that you can start doing while your exercise goes to bed. It’s said that you don’t have to think about putting on your exercise clothes in the morning if you want to eat healthier.
- Put healthy food within easier access. Ensure the healthy fruit is all cut up and ready to go so that you don’t have to go to your effort to make the healthy food you want to make. It is way more comfortable for you to do by changing your environment.
4. Stop putting yourself into a box
Stop putting yourself into a box that you don’t want to be put in. It is something that every other person and I struggle with, and now that you know about it, you’ll notice other people do it. You’ll see yourself do it when you talk to other people about yourself. How do you present yourself?
- If you talk about how lazy you are, how all your life is sleeping on Netflix, how much you hate exercise, you’re a real-life slug. You have no goals. You don’t know what you’re going in life, and you might do it in a self-deprecating like funny way, but you’re not thinking out loud. You’re crafting your identity, and you are boxing yourself as someone you don’t want to be.
- If you’re reading this article if your brain hears you say, ‘All I like to do in a day is eat and sleep. It’ll be okay.’ That’s what this person is for claiming herself to be. I need to live my life in line with that. I’m not telling you that you need to go around and say that you thrive on exercise.
You are great at getting done all the time, and you rarely watch Movies. Although maybe one day you’ll get there if that’s what you want to be. But for now, stop identifying with the identity you don’t want your subconscious to hear.
5. Change your identity
The next thing you want to do is aim for small wins, changing your habits. Changing your lifestyle is hard even when you’ve gone ahead and made your old lifestyle more challenging to fall back into, and your new lifestyle is more comfortable to fall into. You need to rely on tiny wins. Tiny wins build up your belief in your new identity.
- If you read one page of a book every day, that’s a small win. But now you’re a person who reads a bit of a book every day. If you work for 10 minutes a day, that’s a small win, but now you’re identifying as someone who moves their body every day. Go back to that one habit or two habits that you want to start.
- Think of small and achievable wins that you can aim for to start changing your identity. So, go back to that ‘one has it’ or ‘two have it’ that you want to start doing and think of small wins that you can use to start changing your identity.
6. Stop getting grumpy with yourself
I tried to start getting up early in the morning for so long. Through many attempts and failures, it didn’t stick until all of a sudden fell into place. I tried to keep my wardrobe decluttered to stop buying so many pointless things for a long time, and it didn’t stick until I changed my approach. Suddenly it fell into place.
- The point is it’s going to happen, but if you keep getting grumpy yourself and giving off because you’re not living your ideal life after one week of trying, you’re not doing yourself any favors. If you miss one day of reading your few pages of a book, that doesn’t make you a failure. It makes you a human being.
Don’t throw your progress away because you’re not happy with your one-off behavior. I’d like to mention that are you lazy? Or Are your expectations of yourself too high? No one is a permanently productive machine all the time. Everyone needs a slug.
7. Stop doing multitask
You need to choose one thing to work on. You might have a lot of different things that you want to work on. Maybe lots of goals, or there are lots of things that you’re behind on.
You are like, ‘I need to pay that bill. I need to get my oil changed. I need to go to the doctor.’ You need to do all these things, but keep it simple if you have trouble motivating yourself. Start with one thing to focus on.
- Stop multitasking because it kills your motivation and makes you unwilling.
- Make a list of your work and give them serial numbers by priority.
8. Ask yourself some questions
You have to get clear about why you want this. The next couple of questions you need to ask yourself always work best if you write down your answers. The first step you can take towards getting the thing done is pulling out a paper and writing down your answers to these questions.
- Why do you want this? What significant impact is this going to have on your life? You have to look at the flip side of what’s going to happen if you don’t do this. Is something bad going to happen? Looking at both sides with why you want something, and why not? It can help you to put it in perspective and see how important it is to you.
9. Visualize your future damage
Think about whether it matters if you do it now or if you do it later. Is it going to be better if you do it now? It doesn’t matter when you do it, and you could as well put it off. There’s probably some reason that you want to do it sooner. You need to get your oil changed so that your car isn’t damaged.
- You want to write a book, and you need to start writing now. If you put it off, you’ll probably never do it. Whatever you want to do, write down, why do I do it? What bad thing will happen if you don’t do it? What bad thing will happen if you don’t do it now?
10. Make a plan
The best advice to overcome laziness is to plan how to accomplish it. You might think that you’re procrastinating and having trouble motivating yourself, but it might be that you’re feeling overwhelmed by doing the thing now.
It might seem unrealistic because you might think, ‘What I want to do is so simple, I need to call the doctor to schedule that appointment.’ or ‘I need to go to the gym. I need to start writing those things pretty simple, but there might be something about the situation. It is overwhelming for you.
You don’t want to call the doctor because your schedule looks chaotic right now, and you don’t know when you’re going to go to the doctor. Maybe you don’t want to go to the gym because you don’t know, what you’re going to do when you get there, or because the last time you went to the gym, you did this workout it was not fun. You want to start writing, but it seems overwhelming because the book will belong.
- You don’t know if you’ll ever get to the end. To conquer that overwhelming sense, you need to make a specific plan. It might look like doing a tiny bit of research to find a workout that looks more enjoyable to you and writing down what you’re going to do when you get to the gym.
- It might be figuring out how long it’s going to take to write your book. How many words do you want to write every day? How long will it take you every day so that you don’t feel so overwhelmed by the enormous task of writing a book? Those are a few different examples. It could apply to anything, but the point here is you need a plan.
11. Take some steps
The next thing to avoid inactivity is deciding on something you’re going to do tomorrow. You’re thinking of getting started tomorrow when you’re going to have a clean slate.
You’re going to have enough time to make significant progress on whatever you want to work on. So, think exactly. What step are you going to take tomorrow?
- The next thing you need to do is, I want you to take the first step. I’m talking a small here. If you’re going to write an entire book, the first teeny tiny baby step is opening up a word document and putting the first chapter’s title on that doc. If you want to go to the gym tomorrow, you will start a new workout routine tomorrow.
What you can do today is pick out the outfit you’re going to wear tomorrow. Take some tiny baby steps a day that will make taking action tomorrow a little bit easier. It will help cut out some of the resistance you’re going to feel tomorrow when you try to take that step. But it’s also going to make you feel like you have already started.
12. Be ready with yourself
When I feel lazy and don’t want to do something, I get dressed. I’m not talking stilettos and your best black dress and face full of makeup. I’m talking about changing from your PJs, putting on a nice pair of jeans and a cool t-shirt. I like my ‘Breaking Bad’ one. It makes me feel amazing and like Superman.
- Put a tiny bit of effort into your appearance. This might sound a bit shallow, but you’d be surprised at how much it helps. It programs your brain into saying, ‘I’m ready, I’m fresh, I’m awake.’
13. Stay in a clean environment
If my room is a mess and it looks like a bunch of pieces of stuff everywhere, and there’s a massive pile of dishes, and you’re like, ‘I have so much stuff to do and even not related to what I have to do’ It looks so like you want to stay in bed and not look at it.
- Make sure your environment is clean and tidy, and there’s nothing in your way. I don’t know, there’s something about waking up to like a clean room, and your desk is pretty and ready to go. It is inviting, and you want to sit at your desk.
- If your desk is a huge mess and there are piles of papers everywhere, you’re going to feel there’s so much to do. You’ll feel overwhelmed, and you might want to flee from that. When your desk is super clean and organized, and your bed is made, and you have fresh flowers, it makes you hopeful. I guess moving on to
14. Keep your hope alive
You should have weekly targets. I talked about timetables and how to stick to your schedule. Check those articles out if you want to know the details of this point, but have a routine.
A weekly target and some actions on how to get there. Because when I open my planner, even if I don’t feel like doing it. I see a target at the end of the week. I’m like, I want to achieve that. It’s like a boost if you know where you’re going. If you see the light at the end of the tunnel, you have hope.
- So, stay organized. Make a timetable, make a planner, have a plan. That’s going to boost you up even if you’re lazy. When you look at that, and it soaks pretty quick. You have a cool target to achieve. You’re like, and I can read two pages today. If I achieve that, it sounds cool.
15. Stay motivated with yourself
Make sure you like your desk or your workstation. We have e focus and accomplish. Make sure you have inspirational quotes there, or you spend two minutes on Pinterest and look at your favorite quotes or your favorite images to inspire you.
- See something fresh and to boost your creativity. Look outside if it’s a nice day. The sun is shining. Shining sun boosts you up. Go out and take a breather. It would change your ideas a little bit. When I’m feeling lazy and don’t feel like doing anything, I check out my crushes.
My inspirational crushes are the people who I look up to. I take a look at what they’re doing and where they’re at their business, and what they’re doing. In the morning, you’re like, ‘That person is amazing. I want to do that.
- I’m going to start by doing my goal and doing what I have to do today’ Stay motivated, stay inspired, and that’s going to help you deal with the laziness and with the man attitude.
If you see other people project positivity and success, you’re going to want to mimic that. You would like to build the same energy or path and career success.
16. Change your food habit
My practical advice to you is a more scientific nutritionist type of thing. These are things that not pretty much no one likes to hear because they’re the basics. You all know this by now, but I want to make a point and repeat it. I have to say it too because it does make sense your food. Your diet and your exercise overcome laziness.
- In the morning, if you’re not feeling it, if you feel lazy and down, pump yourself up, go for a run, go to the gym, go swimming, sports have a tendency. We all know this right to like pump you up a little bit to make you awake, and that way you’re more like accomplished. You’re more ready. You’re more into it and more energetic.
- If you’re feeling lazy, push yourself to go out and like for a jog or something. When you come back, you’re going to be so refreshed and like pumped so much energy. I’ll put it in my studying and your food. You’re dying what you eat.
- If you spend your time eating chips and chocolate and fatty food like burgers and pizza, your skin will suffer, and your mood and energy are going to below. All those foods contain high calories and fatty bad things. Your body needs a whole lot of energy to digest and to process that like fatty food. So it doesn’t have much power to put it over here and on your body and your focus and your drive.
17. Know thyself
If you want over laziness and stop procrastinating, you need to understand why you’re supposed to do that. Suppose you will say to me that I want better relations my question to you.
If your answer is like, I want better relations because I am so tired of quarrels in my family. I won’t have some fun with my family. I want to have my kids.
You have the motivation. You understand what you’re doing. But if I’m going to ask you why and say, like I don’t know. That’s going to be good. You will even work on your laziness. Like rule number one, you will feel what you want, but you don’t want. So this is your emotional intelligence.
- First of all, you need to start with these questions. That’s difficult because you need to work with your mind with your conscience, but I can give you a simple recommendation of how to overcome your laziness. If you want to succeed in your life, you’re supposed to be disciplined in your actions.
So, you need to think about why you want to achieve these goals. Why do you want to have more money? Why do you want to have a better body, a better job, better relations, and stuff like that?
18. Set up your future goal
You’re afraid that it will be so hard that it will be so difficult for your body and emotions. That’s you, you’re scared, and you’re doing nothing. You’re procrastinating, so my recommendation for you is, first of all, you need to understand what you’re doing.
- You need to have some arguments for yourself that are going to be your motivation. You will be inspired for actions, and remember that it’s going to be difficult for the first 10 or 20 minutes. Each action is going to be difficult for it for a first-time. Keep in mind that it’s going to be like your warmup, and you’ve overcome your laziness.
- You’re supposed to understand what and why you want to achieve these goals. If you’re going to succeed in your life, ‘you are supposed to be disciplined. That’s an illusion that you can earn a lot of money in one day. So you’re supposed to be disciplined, and you need to understand why for what and find the reason for yourself.
19. Avoid junk food
Energy is the determining factor in achieving our goals or not, and power is almost the antithesis of laziness. When we’re lazy, we have no energy. When we’re energetic, we’re not lazy. How do we generate energy? The food that you are giving your body is your fuel.
- If you frequently feel lazy, look at the food that you have been eating. Is it food that is giving you energy, or is it food that’s taking away power? Are you eating junk food? You are eating like garbage. You are going to feel like garbage and lazy.
20. Change your mindset
Laziness is often a focus issue because we’re focusing on all of the reasons we should be lazy, all of the things we don’t want to do. All of the reasons we should feel more tired than our job needs to focus on.
Why can we feel energetic? How can we feel energetic? Ask yourself the question, what are you excited about? What is something that gets you excited?
- Think about it because when you think about those things, it doesn’t matter how much sleep you’ve had. It doesn’t matter how much you did yesterday. It was not about the fact. It was about being able to call people in my life that I care about that I love being able to hang out with friends that I appreciate, not about the lack of sleep.
21. Start taking action
Many people talk about what they want to do but never act on their goals. They don’t act on the things that they want to do. If we’re going to get out of laziness, what will get us out of laziness faster than anything else is action.
- If you feel lazy to go for a run, put on your shoes. If you feel lazy to do some work, get it done get in motion. Take action that will help you move away.
You are the person you surround yourself with, and the person with more certainty about where they are, who they are, how they’re feeling wins. Surround yourself with energetic people. Surround yourself with people that have passion.
22. Do something different
It’s easy to feel lazy when we’re stuck in the same routine of what we do over and over and over again. What will make the difference in our energy level is changing our environment? Your routine takes a different path to school or work.
- Do something different in your day because when we get caught up in the same routine, it’s easy for our brain to associate laziness with that routine. We do those same things. We automatically feel lazy because we’re used to feeling that way in that routine. The quickest way to change that is mix things up, change something in your environment, change up your space, change up who you hang out with.
- Change where you do your workouts or exercise, change your schedule, change your wake up time. It will drastically impact your laziness level, and as we wrap, I’ll leave you with this you are not lazy. You’ve had moments of laziness. You are not someone that is defined as lazy.
You can change your life in a moment and change your energy level in a moment. You can change the decisions you make in a moment, but it takes making the decision. It takes taking action. It takes getting a little uncomfortable. Also, it takes being able to do the things that we talked about in this article.
23. Take a little nap
If you do bed like soon as you wake up, it makes me feel more organized. Whenever you let go into your room for something, you will walk by your room. Your bed will be nicely made. So you won’t want to jump back into a bed versus cave your bed is I’m done. It’s inviting to take a little nap this.
- It sounds counterintuitive that by exercising. A workout feels like it would be exhausting, but it gives you energy. It makes you feel more energized. It sounds insane and crazy. But it’s true if you work out if you exercise if you go for a run you will have more energy. You have more oxygen going to your brain to feel more alert, awake focused, and moving away from laziness.
24. Get in touch with nature
Open your windows, open your doors, and let all the natural light come into your house. It gives you so much energy. So your home is bright will provide you with so much energy. You guys can jerk off. You guys can drink tea but drink something that gives you power. Also, this is good for you.
- If you have any work to do from home behind the space that’s nicely organized, that’s free from clutter. This will not only help you think better, but it will motivate you to work more.
25. Entertain yourself
We have so much to do that is overwhelming that we want to do nothing. So grab a notebook write down your to-do list so you can see it and see everything you have to do. Then you start doing things one by one and start crossing them off. I promise you to say- I do it all this time.
- Music gives you the energy that makes you dance. When we’re dressed, and we look good, we feel good. That motivates us to want to do things to run errands to maybe go for a walk, whatever it is.
26. Enjoy your work
Many people stop themselves from achieving more because they don’t have proper incentives. In other words, if you’re about to accomplish something huge and you don’t have something set out there in the future to enjoy, you’re not going to have anything to look forward to.
That is why so many people end up burning out. They understand that the amount of work they’re putting in isn’t worth the reward. Because they haven’t set themselves up, what I’m telling you is that you must set yourself up.
- It could be as simple as having a nice meal after a good workout. Some people might say all that’s the point of working out. If you’re going to have a nice meal well, the fact is that you’re working out. So you can build your body and have a nice meal so you can contain to have a reason to develop your body.
I’m saying here that there are so many reasons to enjoy yourself, enjoy your work, and enjoy the process of becoming a greater version of yourself. You have to understand that the process is worth the profit. You have to realize that there is pleasure in your work.
27. Find inspiration
I want to share with you is to find inspiration because there are so many people who have lost motivation. Maybe they got discouraged. Maybe they had a couple of setbacks or faced some failures that they even know affected them negatively. What I’m saying to you is to find inspiration.
- You have to understand what is it that is going to take you to the next level. Because the moment you find the inspiration that you need at the moment you’ll be able to beat the disease of laziness and overcome the obstacles to reach your highest goals.
28. Overcome your inner conflict
The secret way to overcome laziness is to address inner conflict. A lot of people live with so much guilt. They live with so much shame and so many conflicting feelings. But they never understand how it affects them. I’ve talked to a lot of people who’ve had traumatic experiences. I want you to ask yourself, Are there certain emotions that may be holding you back?
Maybe you’re dealing with a rough past. I want you to figure out what your emotions are, and for me, one of the best habits I can recommend is to journal. Write down your feelings, write down your thoughts, get into your emotions, and understand how they affect every decision.
- You’ve made many inner conflicts that a lot of people face in your life is unforgiveness. I’ve talked to many people, and I’ve heard them say what I cannot forgive that person. If you think that you’ll never forgive anyone, then you’ll never be forgiven. Either you have to learn that your emotions must move on from that person because if you want God to forgive you, you have to forgive others. You have to let go and let God take control. You have to understand that everything is going to work out in the end. Also, you don’t have to seek revenge and hold grudges.
- You don’t have to think that somehow this other person will get screwed. Guys, that’s not what matters. What matters is that you focus on becoming who you are. You’re not worried about what they’re becoming.
Maybe they’re people from the past that were there to teach you a lesson. You have to let go. You have to forgive. You have to stop holding a grudge if you want to move on and get rid of your laziness.
29. Find an accountability
No one will reach the next level unless they have a reliable support system. You have to find at least one person willing to support you on your goals.
I hear many people say, and I can make it on my own. I don’t need anyone. But my friends, I’m telling you this you need help, you need support. You can not do it by yourself. You need the support of others to get to the next level.
Now you might be living with someone who may not be as supportive. I talked to a lady the other day, and she told me that she’s not even allowed to touch her spouse. She’s not even allowed to ask him basic questions about his work and vice versa.
- If you’re in a relationship with someone who doesn’t care about what you do and what your needs are, then you have to move on. You have to find a way to deal with it. You can’t roll with the punches and believe that somehow is going to clear up. It never will, and it’s only going to get worse.
- If you continue to support unsupportive relationships, make sure to find someone who can help you achieve your highest goals. You need to go out there and start networking. You need to go out there and start shaking hands. There are so many supportive people and groups out there, but you have to go in search of them.
30. Give yourself more reasons
The best step to overcome your idleness is to give yourself more reasons. You see, many people stop themselves because they have so many excuses that they’ve built into their minds. They do not allow themselves to move any further because they have so many reasons why they’ll fail. But what I’m telling you is this give yourself reasons to succeed.
- The world doesn’t want you to talk about all the reasons why you can’t accomplish your goals. It wants you to find reasons why you can, and so you need a search for motivations within yourself. To find out what drives you the most, maybe it’s your family, perhaps it’s money, maybe it’s your love for humanity, perhaps it’s because you want to change the whole world.
- You have to figure out what your reason is and make sure that your sense overcomes your excuses, and if you do that, you will beat that deadly disease of laziness.
31. Take a break
I want to share that overcoming laziness is taking a break, which only goes for the discouraged people. This only goes to the people who feel overworked, who feel burned out, who feel overwhelmed. It’s time to take a break and say to yourself what I’ve been lazy in this area.
Many good people at their jobs, but they let their bodies go, and they’re entirely unhealthy. They’ve been overeating, they haven’t been exercising, and they’ve been lazy in those areas.
Adrenaline is the hormone that naturally secretes in the body and increases alertness. When you exercise, the adrenaline hormone moves very well and creates a positive vibe in your mind.
- If that’s you make a change, do something that will help you in the long term. Because in the end, you’ll be proud of yourself. So if you need to take a break, make sure to do that to work on different areas of your life.
You have what it takes to work in various departments in this game called life. So make it happen. Work on yourself harder than you do on anything else.
32. Believe yourself
Sometimes you have to feel the fear and do it anyway. You might have felt the roadblocks, and you might have seen the obstacles. You might know all the things that can go wrong. But now, it’s time to cast out the doubt and welcome the faith. It’s time to believe that you can achieve now. It’s time for you to overcome the obstacles and reach the next level of your success.
I want you to pick something small and begin to do it right away because once you accumulate small successes, it eventually becomes big successes. Select something right now that you can immediately start doing at once and then pick another. Finally, you’re going to start feeling better about yourself.
- You’re going to start feeling better about your health. You’re going to start feeling better about your wealth, so do whatever. It takes to get out of that funk. Maybe you have a comfortable job that you have to leave. It’s not challenging you, or perhaps you live in a neighborhood that’s getting old. Maybe it’s so routine, and it’s so dull that you have to make a change, or maybe you have the same group of friends.
- You need a new group of people to interact with something different that you’ve never done before and challenge yourself to reach the next level.
33. Have a burning desire
You’re moving towards, and that’s important. If you don’t have any direction in life, you don’t have the motivation to get up and do what you have to do to get somewhere. To find your passion for finding your direction, you can do so by asking yourself questions like-
- What do I love to do in my life?
- What the perfect life look like for me?
- What am I passionate about?
- What do I love to talk about in my free time?
- What other people compliment me about?
Think of those things, and then you will find your passion your desire in life. After you find your desire and passion, start asking yourself questions like this task helping me get. Where I want to be, is this getting me forward or not?
If the answer is yes, you will be motivated to do so, and if the answer is no, maybe you can delegate it to someone else or don’t do it. Think about how important this task is to your own life. I even got a daily morning ritual that helps me stay on track. It also helps you to stop being a lazy person.
34. Change your perception of yourself
If you start the process, you must finish it no matter how you feel. Try practicing it by accomplishing simple tasks, and that will form a connection in your mind that you’re a finisher. You always finish what you start.
- Make schedule time for your tasks and give them the importance they deserve. Be aware of them, schedule them in your calendar, and see how you improve your performance from a lazy person into someone who’s getting done.
35. Reward yourself
I also recommend you reward yourself. When you accomplish something, that will also build a connection in your mind that you get a reward every time you finish a task. That’s what motivates you to do something because of your decisions. Two things inspire your mind.
One is getting more pleasure, and the second is avoiding pain. So I recommend you reward yourself for good behavior.
- The first tip I have for you is to surround yourself with energetic and passionate people who have the same goals as you. Your environment can influence you a lot and by being around these people.
You will see you will become one of them. Hence the famous phrase tells me who your friends are, and I will tell you who you are.
The fact is that many of us deal with laziness daily, and it’s interfering with our success and getting things done. So you can say that you’re a lazy person and give up your hopes and dreams for your life or
you can take charge and deal with it.
Simply realizing that goals and achievements take time is crucial to avoiding laziness, inactivity, and authority. The key to success is to have a vision.
If you have any follow-up questions, leave them in the comment section below, and I’ll try my best to answer them thanks for reading. Please share this article with your friends so that they can overcome their laziness and make a successful life.
Read More: 50 Strategies To Stop Overthinking
Frequently ask question
What is the sign of laziness?
There are many signs of laziness. Here are the top 10 signs of laziness.
1. If you have the snooze button more than once to wake up.
2. If you pee in the shower. Or if you sit down to pee.
3. If you throw your clothes in the dryer instead of ironing them.
4. If you drink out of the container instead of getting a cup.
5. If you eat off the paper and plastic at home.
6. If you eat cereal instead of making dinner.
7. If you don’t wash your hands in the middle of the night.
8. Lazy person is unclean. They don’t want to clean their room.
9. Lazy people are busy with the internet and gadgets.
10. They are very slow and talk silently.
What are the disadvantages of laziness?
1. Lazy people fail to get their job done, which leads to overwhelming.
2. They feel very guilty for not doing their work and hide from one another.
3. Their guilt can lead to feeling anxious and stressed, which is harmful to health.
4. If one is lazy, nothing will get done, and goals will not be accomplished.
5. Laziness leads to gaining weight and becoming unhealthy.