Dreaming about someone you like is very common in life. Dreams can run the gamut from delightful to nightmarish, but when it comes to romantic dreams, what do they mean. If you dream about someone, does that mean you’re meant to be with them, or is it just wishful thinking. And if the dream is terrible, like dreaming of someone hurting you, is that a warning sign.
According to psychology, to have recurring dreams about the same person shouldn’t be taken too literally, whether they are your best friend or a sworn enemy. Having recurring dreams about someone for some time is a common phenomenon.
These dreams might not mean that you are obsessed with this individual. It might symbolize some particular trait that this person has and that you may want to have in your relationships or avoid dreaming with someone you dislike.
So ask yourself what is that this person has that you admire the most or not. And how could you benefit right now in your working life from having or avoiding that particular personality trait? Your subconscious is using this person’s imagery to tell you what it wants, but you decide to do about this unconscious message.
In this article, I’m going to break down some examples of what dreaming about someone means and tell you when you need to realize that your dream probably means nothing.
Why do you keep dreaming about the like person?
What does it mean when you dream about someone you like? Sometimes dreams are romantic, and sometimes they’re sexual, sometimes they’re just fun. You’re just doing fun things with that other person. But what we all tend to do is as soon as we wake up, we start thinking about that person even more.
We try to ask ourselves, what did that dream mean? Does it mean I should be with that person? Does it mean I should talk to them? What exactly is my brain trying to tell me? And the honest answer is no one knows. But what I think you still should do is talk to your crush and ask them out, and here’s why.
See if you can make that happen. I know it might sound a little jarring, but your brain is trying to tell you that this is a person you want to form a deeper connection with so, don’t argue with your brain. Just go for it.
What do you think, though? Have you ever had a dream about your crush before? What did you make of that whole experience? Leave your comments below, and we’ll talk about them.
Usually, your dreams are tied to the different types of experiences you’re going through. Your brain kind of manifests these images based on the things you’re experiencing. For example, if you had a dream where you’re underwater and trying to get to the top to get some air, it might be because you’re too stressed out, and your brain is creating that image to show it.
Explanation of dreaming about someone you like
What you see in the dream might not be a literal representation of what you’re going through but more a symbolic one. And that’s important to remember when we talk about dreams about your crushes.
When another person pops into your dreams, it’s usually because you’ve been thinking about them in some capacity.
1. Dreaming about crush
When you dream about someone are they thinking of you? You might see a person in your dream because you are genuinely or very concerned about the person. And so you might end up seeing this person in your dream.
This is a prevalent example that happens to so many of us. For example, dreaming about talking to your crush that you never talk to in your real life. All of a sudden, you wake up, and you find yourself hugging the pillow.
Now in such a case, your mind used something that you wanted in your dream. To satisfy some of your unmet needs while you are sleeping, and this is something that happy very often with dreams.
For example, many of the dreams that we see while we are asleep are usually representations of things that we wanted in real life, which we truly desired. And so we ended up seeing it in our dream even though we never had this thing in real life.
2. Breaking up a relationship
Being cheated on a dream represents the insecurities you feel in your relationship and a fear of abandonment. You may feel like you’re not getting enough attention from your partner. This may also be a result of self-esteem issues.
- Breaking up with someone is a little complicated. It could mean there’s something in your life you need to let go of. Actually, It doesn’t necessarily mean a bad thing, though. It could mean that you’re ready to move on to the next level in your relationship. Sometimes the fear of loss creates this type of dream.
- Getting dark dreams of abandonment, in general, to signify that it’s time to let go of past attachments and states of mind that no longer serve you. you may have a fear of being abandoned that stems from childhood trauma. Also, the dream kind of mean that your needs aren’t being met.
3. Dreaming about your ex
The most common meaning is that something in your life is reminding you of feelings. You had during the time you were with your ex. These can be positive or negative. If negative, it may be a warning sign that your current relationship shows the same harmful patterns as your old relationship.
- You’ve been thinking about your ex a lot, and you’ve been interacting with them in some way. Whether it’s looking at them or even talking to them because that person is frequently on your mind, chances are your brain is going to whip up a dream with them in it.
There are two different scenarios when you have dreams of your ex:
i) One might be when you’ve freshly broken up or divorced or separated from your ex.
ii) The second is when you’ve had more time between the breakup or separation. And they somehow mysteriously come into your dreams for some reason that doesn’t make sense.
4. Dreams about kissing
This dream reveals that your mind is healthy and happy because you’re only likely to have these dreams. When you are relaxed in terms of relationships, this can also mean that you are reminiscing past relationships. This type of dream involves our hidden desire that we can’t understand or want to do.
There are two different scenarios when you have dreams about kissing:
i) You are kissing with your loved or known person. It means that you trust them and want to hang out with them. If you kiss your love, then it’s all about your emotional connection. If you kiss your friend or close person, it can be an attraction or a falling love signal.
ii) You are kissing an unknown person in your dreams! It means that your physical need or you saw some romantic scene or movie that create a desire in your mind. It’s the hormonal (Dopamine/Oxytocin) flow that your brain wants to feel practical.
5. Being in love
If you’re loved in the real world, then they may also manifest in your dreams. Most of the time, you see that you are hiding and feeling shy towards your love.
You want to talk with him/her, but you can’t do it. You feel insecure and the fear of loss. Sometimes this can be romantic like you give a kiss or express your love.
- If your love is laughing at you in the dream, then it means you have a fear of talking or low confidence.
- If your love is feeling shy in your dream, then it means that you are confident and ready to propose or date.
- Getting engaged in dreams is quite literal and signifies your excitement about marriage.
6. Triangle love dreams
Numerate double-dating one interpretation is that they represent your duality two sides of your personality. The side you show the world and your true self. Another interpretation is your desire to socialize. Being in a love triangle reveals a lot about your state of mind and your current relationship.
- If you dream that you and another person love the same person, this could reveal insecurity and jealousy.
- If you dream about being in love with two people, it could mean a lack of commitment on your part. Alternatively, the three people in your dream could represent three versions of yourself experiencing internal conflict.
7. Dream of lust
These dreams are relatively common and reveal your current state of mind. Dreams of lust may mean there’s something in your life that isn’t satisfying or that you lack self-control in certain areas of your life.
- A wet dream with your love means you are expecting sex and intimacy. This is a very common dream in relationships because your brain is jam-packed with your love memories and wants to release them through a physical way to relax.
- Maybe it can be a sign of your mind to engage or date or marriage. It depends on different situations and feelings. If your dream about a wedding of commitment, definitely love genuinely and want to keep this relationship long.
8. Hooking up with someone
If you dream about hooking up with someone, it can mean that you want to or you have a hidden desire. To honestly, most of the time, believe it or not, it’s not even about sex.
- Dreaming about having sex with someone or hooking up with someone, whether it’s a crush or someone at work, typically means on a deeper level that there’s something you believe. You can get from them, and it’s something emotional that you’re craving, just like in real life.
By creating those emotions in your life, you will feel the law of attraction. Be real with yourself. Your body might just be trying to help you get some by throwing in a little sexy dream.
- It’s less about the person in the dream and more about the fact that your body says you need to get some asap. Our dreams are filled with so much information, and so much can affect them if you watch tv late at night, for instance.
You may find yourself dreaming of similar things in the show that night or shortly after that. That’s why it’s super important not just to take a dream literally but to look at all the factors that might have influenced your dream state, which brings me to dream.
9. Dream about marrying
If you dream about marrying someone who you’re dating or you’ve just met, does that necessarily mean you’re supposed to be with them or that you’re going to get married to them?
It is a sign from the universe that you will be married. See it as a prophecy of marriage in your life rather than necessarily being about that specific person that takes the pressure off. You can then feel into your intuition to see if the dream is not only prophesizing a marriage in your future. It’s how you feel when you wake up from the dream.
- If you feel this calm sensation of knowing almost even before your mind fully wakes up and starts analyzing, that’s a good indication that your dream is intuitively revealing to you a real possibility for your future.
- If you didn’t have that calm, peaceful knowing and you immediately launched into a mental analysis of what does it mean, maybe you don’t want it to happen.
10. Dreams about losing someone you like
Most of the time, dreams are mostly about processing emotions. It’s our brain’s way of letting things out and working through all of the complicated feelings and thoughts we have consciously and unconsciously in a day.
So if you dream of someone losing or hurting you, that means they’re going to do it, Or they already are. What’s most important in analyzing this kind of dream is to pay attention to how you feel immediately upon waking up.
- A dream of someone leaving is an indicator that some part of you doesn’t feel safe in the relationship. it might be that you have underlying fears that love will never work out for you, and it’s playing out in your dreams.
- You have wounds to heal from your past or your childhood that can make you feel like no one can really be trusted or be there for you. So again, the most important thing is always to use dreams to heal your emotional world.
The solution to bad dreams about your relationship: You can program your dream before going to sleep and telling yourself. Mainly this works when you’ve had a disturbing dream say, or you’re angry or upset.
Go into the next night’s sleep and say I don’t want to dream of my ex or crush. Say it ten times and sleep. If you see the dream again, just ignore it and don’t tell anyone or don’t recall it. When you try to avoid it and show less priority, your brain will take it unnecessarily. You will discover that you are free from these unwanted dreams.
Dreams reveal to you something that a part of you wishes might happen or thinks is supposed to happen. When it comes to dreaming about someone, what’s most important in deciphering what the dream means isn’t necessarily the contents of the dream.
Typically your underlying emotions are revealing way more to you than the picture you see in the dream. The dream was just a way for your subconscious mind to process what’s going on and reveal the emotional information you need to know.
Most of the time, a dream has more to do with you than with the other person. Take this kind of dream as an opportunity to look within and ask yourself- Do I have any underlying fears about being hurt in a relationship that will come out. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me and share them with your friends.