Are you wondering why the cost of any 3DS console is extremely expensive and continues to get more expensive? The demand for anything 3DS-related is extremely high and constantly growing. This includes games, consoles, face plates, or other random accessories for the 3DS. According to the demand and supply theory, when the demand for a product is high, the price for that product will also go up. So many people want a 3DS, which means the prices will be driven higher and higher as the demand continues to grow and grow.
People realized over time how unique this console is and how it’s so much different than the Switch. The switches in the 3DS are entirely different. The Switch is awesome, and the 3DS is awesome. The 3DS is probably one of the most unique consoles ever made. You can play so many games here; only such a unique portable console makes the demand high.
The Nintendo eShop for the Wii U and 3DS shut down for good despite everybody trying to buy things until it closed. Even Gerrard the Completionist couldn’t keep it open, despite dropping almost $20,000 on everything. They dropped down after a month or so to maybe ten or 15% more than what they were going for before the spike. With 3DS prices, some games spiked 100%, then dropped to about 75% above what they were before the spike, and stayed there for the rest of the year.
The 3DS has so many special variants. The Majora’s Mask, new 3DS, XXL, was originally difficult to get and has sold listings for well over $600, even using complete in-box 3D as Excel fetches almost as much as a new Nintendo Switch old. So many special editions are almost as expensive as a PlayStation Five complete and as much as a new Nintendo Switch lose.
Why are 3ds so expensive?
Every 3DS console is the same price as a Nintendo Switch (200 or $250+). Most 3DS consoles are around that range. You can get some cheaper, like the first edition 3DS which is the cheapest one. You can get that for around 100 ish. Still, 3DS is super expensive due to its old age. Nintendo doesn’t create any more 3DS consoles, and they haven’t for some time now. It’s been a few years, so basically, the supply is going to go down constantly.
The new 3DS consoles are more desired because they have better processors, which is another reason why few games are new 3DS only. The pricing of the Nintendo 3DS, like any electronic device, can vary depending on several factors. Here are a few possible reasons why the 3DS may be perceived as expensive:
1. Demand and Availability: If the Nintendo 3DS is no longer in production or has limited availability, the supply of new units may be reduced. In such cases, retailers or resellers might sell the remaining new or unused units at higher prices due to increased demand from collectors seeking the specific device. “Majora’s Mask 3D” is a highly regarded and beloved game in “The Legend of Zelda.” It’s popularity and positive reviews have contributed to its high demand. When a game is in high demand, sellers can price it higher due to the willingness of fans and collectors to pay more for it. The 3DS version offers updated graphics, improved controls, and additional gameplay features.
2. Features and Technology: The Nintendo 3DS offers unique features, such as stereoscopic 3D visuals without needing glasses, a dual-screen display, and backward compatibility with older Nintendo DS games. These specialized features and technology can contribute to the overall cost of production and, subsequently, the retail price.
3. Brand and Reputation: Nintendo is a well-established and reputable gaming company that produces high-quality and innovative gaming consoles. The brand value and reputation can influence the pricing of their products.
4. Accessories and Bundles: The pricing of the Nintendo 3DS may also depend on the included accessories or bundles. Special editions, limited editions, or bundles with additional games or accessories can have higher price tags.
5. Collectability and Rarity: Some 3DS console models, especially limited or special editions, can become highly sought-after by collectors. The rarity or exclusivity of specific console variants, whether through unique designs or bundled extras, can increase their prices in the secondhand market.
The pricing of Nintendo 3DS consoles can vary depending on factors such as the device’s condition, model, region, included accessories, and the demand in the second-hand market. Here is a general price range for used Nintendo 3DS consoles:
Nintendo 3DS (original): In used condition, the original Nintendo 3DS can typically range in price from around $50 to USD 100.
Nintendo 3DS XL: The larger-sized Nintendo 3DS XL model can generally be found in the range of $100 to USD 150, depending on factors such as the condition and any bundled games or accessories.
New Nintendo 3DS and New Nintendo 3DS XL: The newer versions of the Nintendo 3DS, the New Nintendo 3DS, and the New Nintendo 3DS XL are typically priced higher than their older counterparts due to improved features and performance. The prices for these models can range from $150 to USD 200 or higher, depending on factors like condition and included extras.
Pricing can change over time, and factors such as sales, promotions, or the introduction of newer console models can affect the pricing of older devices. If you are considering purchasing a Nintendo 3DS, compare prices from various retailers and consider factors such as the device’s condition, included accessories, and warranty.
Read more: What Causes Optical Illusions?